»

Monday, January 17, 2011

One Year Doctor's Appointment and Meeting Uncle Vic

Damian had his one year check up with the doctor a couple days ago. Everything went well except our little man needs to fatten up. I guess I prepared his meals to be a little TOO healthy. The doctor recommended we add butter on his food and all sorts of (yummy) fatty goodness. Let's just say Damian LOVES his new diet. He has whole-wheat toast with butter and peanut butter, peanut butter on his bananas, ground beef cooked in butter, etc. I am super jealous of his diet because I love butter! The doctor said once he's at the weight that he likes then we can cut back a little bit.  Pat and I eat a really healthy clean diet but we like to really splurge once in a while..as you will notice later in the post.  I'm a foodie at heart so when I splurge I go all out.

We also met Pat's Uncle Vic yesterday in Connecticut. Unfortunately the reason why he was in the east coast was because his mother passed away (we are so sorry for your loss). I hate that Damian and I met him under those circumstances. However, I am glad we got to meet him because Pat has said great things about his Uncle Vic through the years that I was excited to finally meet him. He took Pat, Damian, and myself to Shady Glen. We all ate "The Bernice Original Platter". It was featured on Food Network's "Best Thing I Ever Ate" so I had to try it. Let's just say that burger is DELICIOUS! The episode it was on will be featured Jan 20 at 7:30PM if any of you are interested.

0 comments:

Post a Comment