»

Monday, December 20, 2010

How Could I Forget Thanksgiving?!

I can not believe I forgot to post Damian's first Thanksgiving meal. Doh! Pat and I decided to go out to eat instead of having to deal with cleanup this year. We went out to Cracker Barrel which is one of our favorite places to eat. I made Pat stop at almost every Cracker Barrel we saw on the road trip here. If you don't know what a Cracker Barrel is it is half-store and half-restaurant. It is very southern, country, and cute! They have cute rocking chairs and jumbo checker boards to play with. Damian loved the little rocking chair made for kids.


I cook mostly clean meals, and we rarely eat out. So when we do eat out, sometimes we like to self indulge ourselves. For Thanksgiving all three of us ordered the Thanksgiving meal, and Pat and I ordered pie. It is the holidays after all! Unfortunately, the food was borderline awful (except the veggies and the pie). I've never had a bad meal there but our Thanksgiving meal was not good. They didn't have enough food ready for the amount of people that came. They seemed more interested in getting the food out than the quality. The stuffing was dry and crumbly and the turkey was on the dry side. Damian ate some turkey and veggies. Pat and I ordered mac and cheese for him...well for us. It's my guilty pleasure. I do make a healthier version at home with squash and whole wheat noodles that's really tasty, but I love Cracker Barrel's mac and cheese too. It's creamy and gooey, and thank goodness they didn't mess that up! Even though Pat and I didn't really enjoy our meal Damian loved eating all the green beans, small pieces of turkey, sweet potatoes from my plate, and a little bit of cranberry. It made the trip worth it.

1 comments:

Allisyn said...

Um, yeah, next year we'll have to do it up :) This year I totally bailed due to the bambino, but usually we at least make turkey lol. It'll be better with more than two people, too :)

Post a Comment