»

Friday, December 24, 2010

Stonehill Football Coaches Party

We had so much fun at the football staff holiday party. We went to Cafe Bella in Randolph, MA. The Chef/Owner is a Stonehill alum and boy did he take care of us! I had some of the best Italian food since I was in Italy.

Our first course was two different pizzas. Our first was a tomato and sausage pizza, and the second was a tomato, goat cheese, and arugula pizza. The pizza was perfectly crisp and fresh! Our second course was Calamari. I didn't get a chance to eat it because I was still on the pizza course but I heard great things. Our third course was shrimp and greens. The shrimp/prawns were huge. Just the way I like em! Fresh Pappardelle pasta in a tomato and meat sauce was our fourth course. After the first bite you could tell the pasta was freshly made. Some of the best I have had. The fifth course was the pork tenderloin. I personally do not eat pork so I just ate the veggies, but everyone kept saying how tender it was and how it kept melting in their mouth. Lastly, our dessert course consisted of a couple different choices. There was a plate of fresh fruit (with some of the yummiest pears) and two different ice creams, grapenut and an espresso, biscotti, and chocolate ice cream. All were made in house served with biscotti. I couldn't get enough!

If any one is near Randolph, MA, I highly suggest trying it.

Having a night out with out the little ones intimidated me at first but Damian had fun with the sitters, and we enjoyed a grown-up only dinner. After the eating portion of the night, we had a white elephant exchange. Apparently it's called a "yankee swap" out here. Maybe it's an east coast or New England thing? I opened a DVD box set to "Martin", and then got "yankee swapped" for a Chili's gift card, and then swapped again for an Amazon.com gift card. I love Amazon so everything ended up working perfectly.

Coach Talley, the head coach of Stonehill football, gave all the guys cards with bottles of liquor to match their personality. Pat received a bottle of Bacardi Superior because he was so smooth. Love it! Sarah, the head coach's wife, gave all the wives and girlfriends a mini martini glass, a mini bottle of absolut, and Hilliards chocolate. Hilliards is my obsession. It is a local chocolate/candy store with the best ice cream I have ever had and delectable chocolates. It is seriously to die for. You can also order online at their website for those who are tempted to try at: http://www.hilliardscandy.com.


The Women Behind The Football Men
Stephanie, Me, Nichol, and Sarah

A big thanks to the Talleys for a fabulous night out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment